Denton Enterprise Airport - Runway 18L-36R Reconstruction and Taxiway A2 Realignment
Updated: Sep 24, 2021
At last, the long-awaited fix of the “Dip” on the North end of RWY 18L has been funded and approved. This is a TxDOT Aviation project with the main portion being the full depth repair of roughly a 900’ section of RWY 18L between A2 and A3. It will also include the realignment of A2 to match the A2 exit on the West Runway, as well as the removal of the A4 stub between Alpha and Bravo.
**Please monitor our website https://www.dentonairport.com/blog/categories/construction-and-closures
as well as NOTAMs for project updates and closures**
Phase 1 of this project involves the removal of Taxiway connector A4 between Alpha and Bravo, which will satisfy the requirements of the FAA’s AC150/5300-13A (Airport Design) and remove direct taxiway access from a ramp to a runway. This project will also in involve the removal and realignment of Taxiway A2. By doing this, A2 between Alpha and RWY 18L will directly align with A2 on RWY 18R. The anticipated start date for this project is Monday, October 4th, 2021. The combined duration is 39 calendar days and the approximate dates for this work are October 4th, 2021 through November 11th, 2021. All work will be completed during nighttime operations (9pm-630am) local time with the runway and taxiways being operational by 630am each morning. Please note that all Taxiway lights and signs will be inoperative during this phase of the project.
Pavement closures and Impacts during Phase 1 of this project include:
· Closure of Runway 18L‐36R during nighttime construction work (9pm-630am) local time.
· Closure and removal of Taxiway A4 between the ramp and Taxiway Alpha.
· Partial closure of Taxiway Bravo adjacent to Taxiway A4 during nighttime construction work (9pm-630am) local time.
· Partial closure of Taxiway Alpha between Taxiway A3 and Taxiway A5 during nighttime construction work (9pm-630am) local time.
· Closure of Taxiway A4 between Runway 18L‐36R and Taxiway Alpha during nighttime construction work (9pm-630am) local time.
· Closure and relocation of Taxiway A2 between Taxiway Alpha and Runway 18L.
· Partial closure of Taxiway Alpha and Taxiway A4 during nighttime construction work (9pm-630am) local time.
· Taxiway lights inoperative from 9pm-630am local time.
The West Parallel Runway(18R/36L) will remain operational throughout this portion of the project (See the two taxi routes attached). Please monitor NOTAMs as Bravo and Alpha will be closed at separate times during this phase and only one route will be available for taxi at a time.
Note: Phase 2 of this project which includes the runway repair has not been scheduled at this time. It is anticipated that this portion will begin sometime in late Spring 2022.